Holidays & Festivals
Festival services are often held in the evening (Erev Simcha) for the convenience of the congregation. For 5778 (2017-18) we will hold the following festival services:
- Sukkot – Wednesday, October 4th at 7:30pm. At this time, we will consecrate students who are beginning their Jewish education at CRT.
- Shmini Atzeret-Simchat Torah – Wednesday, October 11th at 7:30pm. We will also observe Yizkor at this service.
- Chanukah – Friday evening, December 15th at 8:00pm (4th light). Attendees are invited to bring their Chanukiot with 5 candles, and we will light the Chanukah lights as a community.
- Purim – an evening service and Megillah reading will be conducted on Wednesday, February 28th at 7:30pm. Attendees are invited to come in costume and to bring their own groggers if they wish. We will also have a performance of the annual Purimshpiel by our Not Ready For Purim Players.
- Pesach – There will be no Shabbat service this year, as the First Seder falls on Friday, March 30th. There will be a Festival service on Saturday morning, March 31st at 10am. On Friday, April 6th, we will have a Yizkor service during the regular Shabbat service, which begins at 7:30pm.
- Shavuot – There will be an Erev Shavuot service on Saturday, May 19th at 8:00pm, which will include Yizkor. According to our custom, Confirmation will be held the evening before, Friday, May 18th at 8:00pm.
We will use Mishkan T’filah as our prayer book, which is provided in the sanctuary at the seats, along with Chumashim to follow Torah readings, when done.