Shabbat evening services are held every Friday, led by Rabbi Judy and a soloist provides musical accompaniment.
- The first Friday of each month is a Family Service, beginning at 7:30pm. Rabbi Judy generally reads a story, appropriate for school-age children.
- All other Friday evening services begin at 8:00pm.
About once a month we offer special Shabbat services with themes that express our diversity, traditions, and broad participation.
- We have celebrated the Jewish history and traditions of Spain and the Sephardic tradition in general
- The Yiddish tradition
- The history and traditions of Ireland, China, and India
- Shabbat Shira and Jewish Music Month are observed in the winter (in 5778 it will be the evening of January 26th at 8:00pm), featuring a musical program from our soloist and choir and the reading of Shira Ha’Yam (Song of the Sea) from Parasha B’shalach.
- Each Hebrew School class leads a Family Service during the school year
- Men’s Club and Sisterhood each lead a creative service, usually in the Spring
Our style of worship is egalitarian and inclusive; all are invited to join us in worship. Some people wear kippot but that is discretionary.
The prayer book we generally use is Mishkan T’filah, published by the Central Conference of American Rabbis (Reform) in 2007. These are provided in the sanctuary at the seating, as are Chumashim (bibles).